7 de março de 2020

Loving is like playing Texas Hold’em


We met at the blue table
On the corner of the usual basement
I had never seen you there but
Your eyes immediately caught my attention
A distraction, higher probability of losing.
We started small, the big blind
Wasn’t set that high.
High bets are for the ones that grew
Inside crystal castles.
The ultimate dealer was already
Shuffling the cards and started dealing.
My hand wasn’t great.
Through your smile I saw an ace of hearts
And a terno of spades.
Preflop:
I called as I never give up on the first round,
The other shadowed faces called as well
You checked.
Here comes the flop:
You hide, your eyes turn away,
But you raise and I call,
I’m not giving up on you.
Everybody else folds.
From the turn to the river
I can’t recall every exact move,
But I raise and you conquest.
Life ain’t even at this time:
I have had my good luck in the past,
I know that it is almost impossible to have a royal flush a second time in life,
But I was all in, I couldn’t control myself.
Your bet was higher than mine
And I was sure I had a losing hand
But that didn’t refrain me.
Now I’m broke
And from all I know,
You are out there:
Three of a kind,
Winning and living the profit.
I should have learned -
Love is a losing game.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário