10 de abril de 2020

What I’ve learnt after a month


Of quarantine:
I don’t really have problems,
Most of them are really inside affairs.
They may involve others,
But they are nobody’s fault.
I have a ceiling to stare at,
Food to complain about,
A job to be bored,
Conversations to be made,
Warmth to be missed.
This is definitely not my fight,
I am privileged enough to be
In lack of social events among
Other unnecessary addictions.
History is being lived at this time,
This dystopia that neither Orwell or Huxley
Could think about.
I wish I could do more,
But I have accepted that the most I can do
Is staying still inside my house and my mind
Daydreaming of whatever the hell I please,
Contemplating the beauty of our
Taken for granted freedom.
After all the medleys inside my mind,
I am left with one single selfish question:
When all of this is over,
No matter when,
Will you be able to be free with me?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário